Bank of America's Robert Patterson (left) with Equis Corp.'s Greg Schementi
BP's Juliet Filose (left) with
Gensler's Joe Brancato
San Diego Regional Economic Development Corp.'s Jane Signaigo-Cox with Deloitte's George Bouris
Global Innovators Awards Finalists Honed Skills, Knowledge
to Compete with Corporate Real Estate’s Top Performers
By Richard Kadzis, CoreNet Global
BOSTON - As many of the world’s best athletes gather to celebrate their Olympic roots in Athens, Greece, another cadre of top performers is convening in the Athens of America. Harvard University is again hosting the CoreNet Global Innovators Awards determining who will win ‘the gold’ recognizing the best of corporate real estate’s best practices. Like Olympic athletes, the 10 finalists for this year’s coveted awards have prepared extensively for the opportunity to be recognized for winning their own decathlons in multiple areas such as workplace management, portfolio optimization, technology, integrated infrastructure solutions, customer relations management, effective alliances, service delivery, economic development, strategic planning and more. They have gathered here in Cambridge across the river from Boston at the Harvard Faculty Club to compete August 4 and 5 for the prestige of winning the Global Innovators Award and to join the growing pantheon of previous winners when their selections are announced this coming November at the San Antonio Global Summit.
Global Innovators Award 2004
• Dr. Martha O’ Mara will host the 2005 Global Innovators Award August 4 and 5th at Harvard University’s Graduate School of Design will host. There are a total of ten nominees this year.
• The prestigious award recognizes excellence in the strategic management of corporate real estate.
The Global Innovators Award is also designed to:
• Identify innovative practices that can be applied immediately by CoreNet Global members and highlighted at Global Summits, Chapter Meetings, Executive Development courses and other learning events;
• Create visibility for CoreNet Global members;
• Contribute to the corporate real estate profession (through the sharing of each nominees case studies for future educational purposes)
Since the development of the award in 2000 there have been a total of 200 nominees and 16 winners.
Since CoreNet Global launched the awards five years ago, there have been 42 nominees and 16 winners recognized for excellence and innovation in the strategic management of corporate real estate. Transcending the recognition is the knowledge sharing resulting from all of the nominees and winners – whose best practices and case studies are often integrated into Global Summit Education Sessions, Chapter Programs, the Corporate Real Estate Leader magazine and other channels. As always, a panel of widely-experienced industry executives will judge the competition, played out in a series of 30-minute presentations by representatives of the 10 companies and organizations that have made it to the final round. Congratulations,
2004 Finalists Corporate Real Estate
• Bank of America
• BP International
• Royal Bank of Scotland
• Shell Real Estate
• Bechtel Telecommunications
• Land Securities Trillium
• Purdue Research Foundation
• San Diego Regional EDC
Stephen Bell, MCR, Fidelity Corporate Real Estate
Dan Busch, Electronic Data Systems
Larry Ebert, Capital One Services
Jeff Elie, Kaplan Inc.
Michael Joroff, MIT Architecture & Planning
Lynn Kious, MCRh, Walt Disney Company
Mary Manning, SBC Communications
Dr. Martha O’Mara, Harvard University
Frank Robinson, MCR, McKesson Corp.